For currently employed and retired special educators, mental health professionals, or special education teacher assistants in the counties and cities within Arlington, Fairfax, Prince William, Stafford, Loudoun, Clarke, Warren, Fauquier, and Frederick County, Virginia.
- must provide proof of citizenship;
- must have a minimum of one year experience working with individuals with cognitive impairments and behavioral challenges;
- specific programs other than respite services require that staff have a college degree in a human service field;
- must be able to demonstrate their ability to work with difficult-to-manage children;
- must pay refundable payment for a criminal history check;
- and must provide three professional references.
- will acknowledge that all work is assigned on a case by case basis with geography, employee skill and abilities, and case specifics in mind. Employment is not an automatic guarantee of job assignments;
- will receive monetary compensation in accordance with their level of knowledge, skill, licensing, as well as based on the type of service/case;
- are required to successfully pass a 40 hour on-line ABA class taught by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst within the first 9 months of employment;
- are required to participate in a minimum of two trainings per year at the company’s headquarters in Whitepost, Virginia;
- are expected to read and forward a signature page stating that they have read the Employee Handbook, the Personnel Manual, and the Supported Individuals Manual to include all additional policies not yet added to manuals;
- and are required to provide respite services in addition to intensive in-home support services.
- On-the-job training
- On-going professional training
- Virginia Workman’s Compensation Benefits
- Professional and General Liability Insurance Coverage
- Non-owned Vehicle Insurance Coverage
- Group rates for Allstate’s Accident, Cancer, Life, and Disability Insurances